Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New home

This is Jack trying to maneuver through the house before we got unpacked.
Jack and Mom hanging out.

No, I'm not trying to make a statement with that hair. Jack was just experimenting with it.
Jack thinks this hoodie is his because it is fuzzy. He thinks anything fuzzy is property of Jack.
Poor sick little boy.

Well I guess it's time to blog again. We're finally settled into our new place and we have no more excuses. Chuck has started off the new school year and has been rather busy with neurology . I broke my toe a week ago and it's still rather painful. Chuck has been reluctant to believe that my toe is actually broken. Every time I start to complain about my toe his response is the same, "You don't know it's broken." I think his denial has something to do with the fact that his was his suitcase that I broke my toe on. Chuck has a hard time believing in broken pinkie toes but swine flu apparently is much easier to swallow. He thinks Jack and I have it. I'm dubious. Anyway, no one likes here about other people's medial junk, ( it was just the toe thing, I need some sympathy.)
Jack is adjusting well to his new home. He loves throwing any and everything over our banister. Everyday we have a nice little pile of shoes, toys, blankies and binkies at the bottom.
The other day I found Jack waiting to be picked up from his crib. When I picked him up a noticed he was diaperless. While looking for the diaper I stepped in a puddle of pee pee. Yes, I said pee pee. He had taken off his diaper, stood at the edge and peed. At least I didn't have to wash any bedding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I broke my toe too! It hurts like a mo-fo.
Sounds like Jack is starting to experiment. Here's a trick so he can't get his diaper off: put his diaper on, then a soak-proof bottom (I can't think of the name) & then put on a onesie. He will get so frustrated, he'll give up. I've done it on my niece when she decided the carpet was her toilet, and it worked like a charm. :)

Quela said...

Ha ha, that pee pee story is hilarious! Oh the joys of motherhood.
And wow, Jack is getting so big! What a cutie!

Laurie said...

Eliza, you have my sympathy about your toe and being sick. No fun. Love you!