Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July

I have always loved the 4th of July. This year my parents came and we were so happy to have them here. In rained buckets and did not feel like a holiday at all. Chuck had to work. Of course. The parade was canceled and would have gone right by our house. Too bad. I bought a pack of "fireworks" at the grocery store. Apparently real fireworks aren't legal here in Ohio. All they did was smoke! It was the strangest thing. Luckily the kids didn't know any different and thought they were pretty great. The adults just laughed at the lame smoke.


This was out grand finale. We pulled out the sparklers.





My parents both thought the fireflies made for a better show than our "fireworks." I'd have to agree.


Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Eliza....
I'm afraid that I do not have time to read this post. {Expect another comment later!!} But, I have been freakin' busy lately. Yesterday, my one-year old niece--who I lovingly call Little Munchkin!!--came over for the day. We had so much fun!! Then today, my nearly ten-year old cousin came over. He was here from 9:30AM to 5:00PM!! And tomorrow? We are going hiking!! Phew!! ;)
--Raelyn

Mary Lou said...

Eliza....
Did I mention just yesterday that we would be going hiking? Well.... What I should have written was "Lord willing" we are going hiking!! Because plans changed!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;-D
I, too, love Independence Day!! It's easily my very favorite holiday!! {Christmas is a season!!}I love the American history about that day, its patriotism, that we celebrate our freedoms!! However, my mutt, Rose, hates Independence Day!! The screams, booms and pops terrify her!! And people all around us actually shoot off "real" fireworks {Which are illegal!!}. Those bottle rockets--I call them "bombs"!!--terrify Rose the worst!! Not that I can blame her....? However, they do light up our skies in gorgeous explosions!! ;)
--Raelyn

Unknown said...

Better fireworks then we had. We had none.... Looks like a lot of fun to me!