Saturday, November 10, 2007

Two Interviews and a Funeral

So, I had my interview at University of Utah. It was actually two interviews, one with a doctor and one with a fourth-year medical student. I think they went well. I felt calm and I responded well to the questions asked. The nice thing about the interviews was they were relaxed. The interviewers weren't trying to make me look stupid or ask hard questions. They sincerely wanted to get to know me and see if I would be a good fit for the school (and I am, by the way). They gave me a tour of the facilities, and I am so excited to even think that I might have the opportunity to go there. The new health sciences building is beautiful. It would be a treat to go there. They won't let me know if I am accepted or not until March 1. Let the waiting begin!
Eliza and I went down to St. George with her family on friday to attend her grandfather's funeral. It was beautiful. Her aunt and uncle gave wonderful talks, there were two musical numbers sung, and the prayers gave us a little "something" to talk about. The overall trip was nice and entertaining. On the drive down to St. George, we got to experience a debate between Uncle Gordy and McKay about the intricacies of modern revelation (I sided with Gordy), and I successfully won a spelling bee by spelling hemorrhage, diarrhea, and diphtheria. On the drive back to Orem, we played "Topic: Subtopic", the next gameshow sensation, which gave way to brainstorming for possible business schemes for Michael and McKay to embark on as soon as Michael graduates from college (although I don't know how likely it will be to become Water Lords).
In the hotel that we stayed at, the water main broke, and we were without water until midnight, or possibly later. This was the opening act of the water tragedy, the closing act to be realized at the Platt home when I clogged the toilet, made it overflow, and, during clean-up, accidentally bleached the really nice hand towel in the bathroom. I only wish that I wasn't the star of the second half.
On a more delicious note, I ate at the new Market Street Grill in South Jordan with my parents, and it was AWESOME! I can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

Bri said...

I love Topic:Sub-Topic! Best game ever! Oh, I miss Eliza's family. They are so funny.

Meesh said...

I would be terrible at games with Eliza's family. Way to win the spelling bee chuck! About Eric... he lived with Joe for about two years, so I've known him for a while. I did not however know that you were in the same mission! crazy.