Saturday, February 2, 2008

I give it a week...

Greetings from Logan, UT!

It continues to snow here with only a day or two between storms. I'm beginning to hope that I get invited to interview at the medical school in Glendale, Arizona, so that I have a good reason to get out of here.

A few weeks ago, the icicles were growing treacherously long over our porch. Eliza was starting to worry about the wellfare of our eyes (especially after watching a Mythbusters episode that confirmed the legend that an icicle CAN be lethal.) So, to ease her concerns, I set about trying to take care of the problem. Being that our townhome is two stories high, I had to find a sturdy but nonthreatening object that I could throw to knock down the icicles. Solution: a soccer ball.

The task wasn't as easy as you might think. After only a few successful attempts, and after Eliza took a few shots, I gave the soccer ball one last heft, and it would be the heft that landed the dear ball on the roof of our house, lodged in snuggly in a snow bank.
Again, being that our house is two stories high, the only thing we could do is wait for the snow to melt. Eliza, being the betting woman that she is, asked how long I would give it before it melted off the roof. "I give it a week," I said. "A week?" she replied. "I give it to February, at least!"



The ball was found on our sidewalk in four days time.

2 comments:

pam said...

Hi Chuck and Eliza, I love Jack Bauer too! Mom P

Meesh said...

I give it til the end of february...