Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cardiology Appointment

More waiting. Lucy's doctor is going to have a meeting with the surgeon on Friday to discuss surgery. Basically we were told today that Lucy's pulmonary arteries are not big enough to do the full repair without needing additional surgeries. He started talking about the possibility of replacing her shunt before her full repair. We kind of all lost it at that point. None of us want to do that again. Our other option is to do her full repair and leave her VSD (a hole in her heart) open. She will need another surgery later on to repair this. We really want to have her surgery soon so she can recover in time for this summer. We're supposed to go to Utah in July so Chuck can do a rotation there. Then in August and September he will be doing rotations for the air force and the rest of us will stay in Utah. The problem is Lucy's arteries still might not be large enough. So for now we just have to wait.

5 comments:

Christin Foscarini said...

BOO! I want to hear good new...I'm sure you do to. Sorry Liza :(

The Finlinsons said...

Oh, dirty rotten! I'm so sorry! I was curious all yesterday about what the verdict was on your appointment. Sorry that you have to play the waiting game. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Tom/Tabitha said...

Oh, that's not good. HUGS!

StrawberryBlond said...

Waiting and being patient sucks. You guys deserve a break. Maybe somehow this will all work out for the better and you'll be able to look back at it and think, "Wow, it sure was crappy at the time, but good thing it happened that way..."? Whatever the case may be, you guys are all in my prayers. Would you like to have a family fast?

Macie said...

I'm so so sorry. Waiting is the worst. I hope she can get her repair soon. I think about you guys everyday and hope things get better for you!