Saturday, August 13, 2011

Going ons

So Hazel has this weird long piece of hair in front. I finally caved and cut it. She's been having a really rough time with Lucy gone. Today I showed her pictures of Lucy and she gave them kisses. So sweet. The other night I burst into tears when I was putting Hazel down to sleep. She reached out toward where Lucy has been sleeping and started screaming. She usually does okay with Lucy gone but this time has been a lot harder. When Lucy initially was admitted Hazel was really super clingy when she'd see me. Now she hits me in the face or scratches me. Ive never heard of a one year old being so violent. Hazel has started walking a little but mostly walks around on her knees. It's so funny.







This picture was taken on Friday, 9 days post op.





That thing on her head is called CPAP and she hates it almost as much as the ventilator. It's still helping her breathe a lot.



A lot of people have asked us when we'll be going home. The truth is, I have absolutely no idea. We don't know when her next surgery is going to be. They are starting to lead us to believe it will be a few more months. We don't know if they are going to keep her here as long as she's in heart failure. If so, we'll probably be here awhile still.



No comments: