Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lucy's Obituary



Lucy Blair Hutchings
Practically Perfect in Every Way

Born July 20, 2010 to Charles and Eliza Hutchings. Died October 13, 2011.
Lucy loved her family, especially her brother, Jack, and her twin sister, Hazel. She is survived by her parents, grandparents Blair and Laurie Hutchings and McKay and Pamela Platt, and great grandparents Juan and Darlena Hutchings and Patricia Woodbury. She will be greatly missed by her aunts, uncles and cousins, and her Rebecca.
Lucy was born with a heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot. She endured numerous surgeries and procedures, most of which took place in her hometown of Kansas City. Our daughter spent her last months in the Cardiac ICU at Primary Children’s Medical Center. She learned that making others happy made her happy, and she endured every burden with her unforgettable smile.
She had a great love for the nurses and doctors that took care of her, and everyone that would stop in to say hello. She was loved by everyone who knew her, and even by strangers who were never able to meet her.
Lucy taught us so much in her short life. She showed us how to be patient and long-suffering through our afflictions. She taught us to show kindness to everyone, and how to forgive those that cause us pain.
Lucy never walked and barely crawled, but she loved to dance to her favorite shows: Mary Poppins, Tangled, and her sign language videos.
Although her death was completely unexpected and unwelcome, it was her time, and we know Our Heavenly Father wanted her back. She was feisty, and could have fought on if she was supposed to. We always knew her existence in this life was pending the will of Our Father. We are only too grateful for the opportunity to know her while she was here. We love you, Lucy! May angels lead you in.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at Cascade 4th ward chapel, 1051 E 200 N, Orem. A viewing will be held the night before at Walker Funeral Home, 646 East 800 North in Orem from 6 to 8:00 pm. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.walkerfamilymortuary.com.


19 comments:

Christensen's said...

What a beautiful little girl. So sorry to hear of her passing.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Beautifully written Eliza. You certainly have a beautiful little girl.

Rachel Starchman said...

Beautiful and perfect just like your sweet Angel. Many, many prayers being said for you guys. I wish I could give you a hug Eliza, your an amazing mommy. Lucy is proud of you, and her daddy and brother and sister.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of your daugher's passing. I found your blog when my friend Rebecca (Warner) Wood posted this and have been really touched by your love for your daughter. I know (secondhand) how difficult this must be. Last January my brother and his wife lost their daughter to a heart condition also. My sister in law has been keeping a blog as they worked through their grief and as they have found things that have helped them remember the important things in life. It has been a great outlet for them. They are now expecting a new baby, but their sweet Emma will never be replaced or forgotten. http://danielandmichellejensen.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline said...

Eliza, what a beautifully written tribute. Your firm faith is so evident despite the pain of her unexpected departure. We are so sorry we will be out of town. We hope you can feel all of the love and prayers going up to Heaven for you and your entire family.

Mommy said...

Eliza,
My heart hurts for you. The pain of your daughter dying literally takes your breath away. At my daughters funeral I read a quote from Elder Holland and I read it daily now, "some blessings come soon, some come late, and some do not come until heaven, but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ they do come." "There is good things to come" I read your comment on my blog and if you look back to those first days and months there were many dark days. But good things did come and still do. I still have dark hours a year later but I feel my daughter has allowed me to overcome the darkest days. Feel everything as it comes. I often think of these sweet heart babies and I think of the Primary childrens song "I will follow God's plan for me" What a courageous daughter of God you have. I cannot promise your heart wont hurt but I promise you, you will not be left comfortless. email me anytime shellhanna@yahoo.com- Love, Michelle Jensen

Jill Collier said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, she was a beautiful baby girl and I can't even imagine the pain your family has felt. I hope you can feel the love and peace from our Heavenly Father during this difficult time.

Christin Foscarini said...

What a special and beautiful girl! This picture made me miss her :( Love her so much!!

Lila Tueller said...

That was so beautiful! Thank you for bringing such a gift to the world!

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I hate that I never got to meet Lucy in person, but I want you to know that we have loved her from afar. I wish we could make it to the funeral, but I will be in Washington, D.C. this week. You guys are always in our prayers and if we could take away your pain we would. Just remember your Heavenly Father loves you and he will see you through. Love you!

Kina Lambert-Anderson said...

I've been following your blog because I was friends with Charles in high school. When I heard about Lucy's passing I couldn't not cry for the pain you must be going through. But at the same time I had to smile when I thought of little Lucy running, laughing, no more pain, no more surgeries. What would the world be like if we could all be as perfect as your little girl was? It would be beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Michelle said...

We love you and we are praying for you.

Quela said...

Beautiful!!

Kaylee said...

Just wanted your family to know that Miss Lucy touched my life more than any other little patient I've ever had. She never failed to put a huge smile on my face and I honestly looked forward to coming to work and taking care of her. In the mornings when I would come to take her off her CPAP, she was always bubbly and happy, even at 6 in the morning! I couldn't leave my shift in a bad mood after seeing her. Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers nonstop since I heard of Lucy's unexpected passing. It prompted me look for her obit online and I stumbled upon your blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your wonderful little girl. All my love.

Kevin and Stacey said...

We are so sorry to hear of sweet little Lucy's passing. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Baby Sister said...

Such a sweet tribute for your beautiful daughter. You are all in my prayers.

The Halls said...

I know the Jensen's and follow Michelle's blog. I saw your post and then read part of your blog. My daughter Hazel died when she was 15 months old in an accident. So I was particularly touched by Lucy's age and her sister being named Hazel. It has been 7 years since she died and I still miss her terribly. I am glad you have good friends and family. Hang in there. Know I am crying with you today.

Lalis said...

I read your story on Noelle's blog.
You have been in my prayers since she let her readers know about Lucy's return to her Heavenly Father.
She is a blessed little one; there is only happiness in store for her now. You will see her again.